WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport last week:
- After less than a year of work, Westport’s Levitt Pavilion reopened with a new stage and refurbished grass seating to a sold out house as Weston resident Jose Feliciano played the first concert of the summer season.
- Westport police arrested Charles Friedson, 53, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on charges of beating his brother over the head with a flashlight during a dispute.
- Westport Police charged an Easton man Steven Batis, 57, with hitting a man who was trying to help him and his girlfriend and then becoming combative with officers.
- At a time when the U.S. government is warning against travel to the Middle East, a group of rabbis and lay people from Norwalk and Westport are in Israel on a solidarity mission.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Westport, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 3 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Crowds Turn Out, Step Off For Westport's Memorial Day Parade