WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport last week:
- After less than a year of work, Westport’s Levitt Pavilion reopened with a new stage and refurbished grass seating to a sold out house as Weston resident Jose Feliciano played the first concert of the summer season.
- Westport police arrested Charles Friedson, 53, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on charges of beating his brother over the head with a flashlight during a dispute.
- Westport Police charged an Easton man Steven Batis, 57, with hitting a man who was trying to help him and his girlfriend and then becoming combative with officers.
- At a time when the U.S. government is warning against travel to the Middle East, a group of rabbis and lay people from Norwalk and Westport are in Israel on a solidarity mission.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill
- 3 Westport Fire Assists In Rescue Of Two Girls After Tubing Accident
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight