WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport this week:
- The 19th annual Rebecca Chusid Toy Drive was held in Westport, benefiting more than 1,000 children in need in the area for the holiday season.
- Greenwich billionaire Ray Dalio and his wife Barbara pledged $267,750 gift to the town to help with long-overdue renovations in Bruce Park.
- The Connecticut Challenge honored its Road Warriors and top 20 teams for 2013, including teams from Westport.
- Greenwich’s Matt Tate , a senior basketball player at Greens Farms Academy in Westport, announced to play at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Pa.
- A possible tragedy was averted when a Metro-North train stopped within 10 feet of a Norwalk school bus stalled and sitting on the tracks with about 40 children on board.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.