FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The unofficial end of summer will probably be damp with rain in the forecast for Fairfield County for Labor Day, according to the National Weather Service.
After a gray, gloomy and rainy Sunday across the region, there is a chance for more showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 10 a.m. Monday, the weather service said.
Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. They day will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 80 degrees. The chance of precipitation is 50 percent.
The chance of showers and thunderstorms continues into the evening before 9 p.m. Temperatures will drop to a low of about 65 degrees with a calm wind. The chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
As residents return to work and school on Tuesday, there is a 40 percent chance of continued precipitation, especially after noon. Otherwise, it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 86 degrees.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Suspect In Southport Home Burglary Arrested On I-95 Near Westport
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 5 IRS Warns Westport Residents Of Phone Scam