NORWALK, Conn. -- Motorists should brace for delays as the state Department of Transportation resumes blasting near the Interstate 95 and Route 7 interchange in Norwalk on Tuesday, June 10.
The blasting operations will create traffic stoppages between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. The blasting is to remove rock in the construction area.
During blasting operations, traffic on I-95 in both directions will be halted for five- to 10-minute intervals two or three times.
Slow-moving roadblocks will be used to facilitate the halting of traffic, and motorists can expect significant delays.
The blasting and rock removal operation will be completed about three weeks after work begins, weather permitting.
Message signs will be used to provide warnings and information on traffic conditions in the area.
For up-to-date information on the I-95 widening project between exits 14 and 15 in Norwalk, visit http://i95norwalk.com/Home.html.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Westport On Wednesday
- 2 Westport Parents Transform Sidewalk With Chalk Messages Of Kindness
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage In Senate Debate
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y