WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport last week:
- Westport police officers arrested Joshua Leitner, 50, on drug charges after he was found passed out behind the wheel of his car, police said.
- Taylah Lucido, 21, of Shelton; Sonny Wade, 32, of New Haven; and Xavier Longwa, 25, of Bridgeport were arrested after leading officers on a chase along the Post Road through Westport and Norwalk.
- Michael Lombardo Jr., a 38-year-old Stamford man who worked for a Westport-based financial services company, pleaded guilty to taking part in a scheme to defraud more than 20 of his investment clients.
- Westport police arrested a Bridgeport couple and a Fairfield woman, all accused of obtaining narcotics from local pharmacies through prescription fraud .
Beginning Oct. 1 and running through March 31, Westport residents and their dogs will once again be able to enjoy Compo Beach together . However, dogs are still prohibited from the pavilion, playground and boardwalk.
- A 15-year-old Wilton High School student was arrested Monday in connection with a swastika incident at the school. A second swastika incident was reported later in the week at the school.
- The two office and retail buildings located at 1300 Post Road E. in Westport have been sold for more than $4 million .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.