A minor fire caused exterior damage to the Dressing Room restaurant at 27 Powers Court in Westport on Wednesday afternoon.
At about 3:45 p.m., Westport firefighters responded to an automatic alarm. Upon arrival, they were directed to an outside wall in the rear, where the fire had happened. A worker told firefighters that a cardboard food box was placed on the kitchen grill and later moved outside and placed on top of a fiberglass partition. The bottom of the box was apparently smoldering and caught fire after it was taken outside, Assistant Fire Chief Robert Kepchar said.
Once workers noticed the smoke, they doused the flames with a fire extinguisher. The fire had burned the top of the partition and part of the rear exterior wall. There was no damage to the interior, and the restaurant remained open after the fire.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.