WESTPORT, Conn. – Due to the arrival of Hurricane Sandy, several events have been canceled and there are a number of town-wide closures. Here’s a look at what’s closed and what’s been canceled over the next couple days.
▪ Westport Public Schools are closed Monday and Tuesday.
▪ The Westport Weston Family Y is closed Monday and Tuesday.
▪ The Westport Public Library is closed Monday and may be closed Tuesday.
▪ All town beaches and marinas are closed until further notice.
▪ The Old Mill, Compo Beach, and Saugatuck Shores neighborhoods are closed to public access and vehicles beginning at 8 a.m. Monday.
▪ Many businesses and stores will be closed.
▪ The annual children’s Halloween Parade downtown has been canceled and will not be rescheduled.
▪ A special Representative Town Meeting set for Monday at 7 p.m. on the Baron’s South development proposal has been rescheduled to Nov. 12 at 7 p.m.
Check back with The Westport Daily Voice for more closures and cancellations.