Nine homeowners who are keeping part of Westport's history alive were honored by the Westport Historic District Commission on Monday night at the 2010 Historic Preservation Awards Ceremony.
Maggie Feczko, chairwoman of the Historic District Commission, presented the awards to the homeowners, starting with David and Andrea Cross for the preservation of their home at 46 Kings Highway S. The 300-year-old home, known as the John Platt House, is one of the oldest in Westport.
Karla Quinn was honored for restoring her High Victorian Italianate-style structure at 18 Bridge St. Built in 1884, the house is known as the Rufus Wakeman House.
Also receiving a restoration award was Ariane Mermod for the work she had done on her home at 101 Clapboard Hill Road. Known as the Gideon Wakeman House, Mermod's home is a landmark property in town and was built circa 1782.
Tom and Nancy Broadbent received an award for the work they had done at their 1938 International-style home at 126 Morningside Drive S. Pamela and James Weil, owners of 90 Turkey Hill S. received an award for an addition they built out of salvaged barn materials from Vermont and Pennsylvania.
Miryha Fantegrossi and Matthew Weilgus won an award for the preservation of their home at 82 Hillspoint Road. Known as the Stratton-Rippe House, this historic house was built circa 1770.
Jeffrey and Miriam Rafalaf, owners of 8 Raymond Place, received an award for the rehabilitation of their home, which was built in the 1920s. Also receiving an award for rehabilitation was Charles Stafford for renovating his Compo Beach bungalow at 26 Fairfield Ave.
For successfully converting their garage into an office/guest house at their 6 Gorham Ave. home, which lies in a historic district, Barbara and Peter Powell received the Helen Muller award.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.