FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- After one more of sun and warm temperatures, heavy rains will impact the Fairfield County area through the middle of the week, according to the National Weather Service.
Showers and possible thunderstorms will roll into the area after 3 p.m. Tuesday, with the possibility of heavy rain. High temperature will be about 78 degrees with a 30 percent chance of rain in the afternoon. The rain will be more likely in the evening.
Precipitation and thunderstorms will remain in the area on Wednesday with highs in the upper 70s. The chance of rain is 80 percent with potentially severe thunderstorms.
The National Weather Service has issued a coastal flood statement for southern Fairfield that will remain in effect through midnight on Tuesday.
Minor coastal flood thresholds will be reached at low-lying locations along the shore with the high tide cycle.
Skies will clear on Thursday with a high of 78 degrees.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 17 Soundview Drive Is The Westport Daily Voice House Of The Week
- 3 Westport Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Happy Birthday To Westport’s Nile Rodgers
- 5 Westport's First Selectman To Unveil Electric Vehicle Charging Station