WESTPORT, Conn. -- A former swim coach from Westport's Staples High School pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting two Fairfield girls, according to ctnews.com.
Jeffrey Schare, 44, of Fairfield admitted to sexually assaulting two victims from Fairfield who are now 12 and 9 years old over a three-year period, according to ctnews.com. He is facing eight years in prison and a lifetime of sex offender registry after serving his sentence, ctnews.com said.
Valerie Wilke, a licensed social worker is also facing charges after counseling the girls but not reporting the assault, ctnews.com reported.
He turned himself in to Fairfield police in December 2012 and was charged with multiple counts of sexual assault and risk of injury to a child, all felonies.
Schare was also a math teacher at Staples High School but was no longer employed there after his arrest.
- 1 Westport's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Former Staples Star Leads Unbeaten Amherst Football Team
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Westport, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Family Dietitian Greenspun Opens New Westport Location