WESTPORT, Conn. -- A former swim coach from Westport's Staples High School pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting two Fairfield girls, according to ctnews.com.
Jeffrey Schare, 44, of Fairfield admitted to sexually assaulting two victims from Fairfield who are now 12 and 9 years old over a three-year period, according to ctnews.com. He is facing eight years in prison and a lifetime of sex offender registry after serving his sentence, ctnews.com said.
Valerie Wilke, a licensed social worker is also facing charges after counseling the girls but not reporting the assault, ctnews.com reported.
He turned himself in to Fairfield police in December 2012 and was charged with multiple counts of sexual assault and risk of injury to a child, all felonies.
Schare was also a math teacher at Staples High School but was no longer employed there after his arrest.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Westport On Wednesday
- 2 Westport Parents Transform Sidewalk With Chalk Messages Of Kindness
- 3 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage In Senate Debate
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y