EASTON, Conn. School administrators dominated the list of Top 20 salaries, with former Easton Superintendent of Schools Michael Cicchetti landing in the No. 1 spot after earning nearly $240,000 in 2011.
Cicchetti retired from the district last June.
Next in line is E. Marie McPadden, assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction, who earned $167,955 last year.
The Top 20 salary earners in town include a mix of school officials, town employees and police officers, who earn additional income by working overtime during events or during emergency situations such as storms.
Former Police Chief John Solomon made the No. 6 spot on the list, earning $136,659.16. Solomon retired Dec. 31, and his salary includes his retirement payout, according to Carmen Montero in the Easton Human Resources Department.
According to information supplied by the Region 9 Central Office and the Easton Human Resources/Payroll department, the top earners are as follows:
1) Michael Cicchetti, Superintendent of Schools, $237,533.34
2) E. Marie McPadden, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction, $167,955
3) Peggy Sullivan, Director of Finance, $147,189
4) Donna Dekle, Director of Special Services, $142,192
5) Kimberly Fox Santoro, Principal at Samuel Staples Elementary School, $139,492
6) John Solomon, former Easton Police Chief, $136,659.16
7) John Sollzo, Police Officer, $124,699.18
8) Jonathan Arnold, Police Lieutenant, $120,022.66
9) Edward Nagy, Director of Public Works, $114,377.79
10) William Spencer, Police Sergeant, $114,010.86
11) Donald Kinahan, Police Officer, $113,340.33
12) Susan Kaplan, Assistant Principal at Helen Keller Middle School, $109,271
13) Martin Ohradan, Firefighter/Public Works, $108,755.95
14) Cheryl Mammen, Assistant Principal at Samuel Staples Elementary School, $101,285.07
15) Carmen Brown, Reading Specialist at Samuel Staples Elementary School, $97,015.58
16) Leslie Richter, Special Education Teacher at Helen Keller Middle School, $97,015.48
17) Tracey Donegan, Special Education Teacher at Samuel Staples Elementary School, $97,015.48
18) Richard Doyle, Police Leitenant/EMS, $94,643.38
19) Roberta Cioppa, Art Teacher at Helen Keller Middle School, $94,358.84
20) Paula Henry, Teacher at Helen Keller Middle School, $93,515.48
What do you think of the salaries earned by Easton educators, officials and employees? Let reporter Erin Lynch know at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.