WESTPORT, Conn. A fire in a shed at a West Ambler Road home in Westport on Friday evening was quickly doused by firefighters, Deputy Fire Chief Jon Gottfried reported.
The fire was reported at 5:20 p.m. by a neighbor. Upon arrival, the shed was fully engulfed in flames, Gottfried said. The shed was only feet from the home.
Once the flames were extinguished, firefighters remained at the scene for about an hour, watering down the charred shed and its contents.
The fire marshal's office determined that improperly stored rags caused the fire.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.