WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston last week:
- The Weston Republican Town Committee appointed Ken Kleban to fill a Justice of the Peace vacancy .
- Ten families of children killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting two years ago have filed “wrongful claim” notices with the state of Connecticut, The Hartford Courant reported.
- Visitors to Topstone Park want slight upgrades to the park, according to a survey issued to residents by the Park and Recreation Department, The Redding Pilot reports.
- A former Shelton detective is featured in a book that recalls his work on the 1980 rape and murder of a teenager in Redding, according to the Redding Pilot.
- The debate over the Easton Crossing affordable housing proposal continues as the town attorney says that a Connecticut Housing Department employee denied the development meets the requirements of an 8-30g affordable housing set-aside, reports the Easton Courier.
- Westport stores JoyRide Cycling Studio, the indoor cycling and fitness boutique, families appear in Melissa Joan Hart's TV film .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.