FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Summer isn't quite over yet, but the Farmers' Almanac is saying that residents of Fairfield County and most of the Northeast should start preparing for another winter filled with bitter cold and heavy snowfall.
The Farmers' Almanac is forecasting below average temperatures for the entire country and expects an active storm track for the eastern seaboard that could deliver heavy rain and snow.
The Almanac also "red flagged" early January and early February as times when the East Coast could see strong winds and heavy precipitation.
- 1 Westport Man, 35, Arrested On Drug Charges After Traffic Stop
- 2 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 3 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 4 Westport Ranks Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 5 Greenwich Announces Middle School Principal Is Moving To Westport Job