FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Summer isn't quite over yet, but the Farmers' Almanac is saying that residents of Fairfield County and most of the Northeast should start preparing for another winter filled with bitter cold and heavy snowfall.
The Farmers' Almanac is forecasting below average temperatures for the entire country and expects an active storm track for the eastern seaboard that could deliver heavy rain and snow.
The Almanac also "red flagged" early January and early February as times when the East Coast could see strong winds and heavy precipitation.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Westport
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight