WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston last week:
- An Easton man, John Sullivan, 21, was arrested on drunken-driving charges after hitting another car and attempting to flee in Westport.
- Ridgefield police identified the 15-month-old child who died after being left in a car as Benjamin Seitz and also confirmed that they are investigating the death.
- Crumbs Bake Shop was known for its giant cupcakes and unique flavors, closed down its shops nationwide, including four in Fairfield County.
- A project to install air conditioning in 12 rooms at Weston High School was put on hold.
- The Redding-Easton 12-and-under softball team stayed alive in Division 1 of the Connecticut Little League tournament with a 3-1 victory over Westport in Orange.
- Colleen Stimola of Redding helped lift the spirits of patients in Norwalk Hospital's Pediatric Department to earn her Girl Scout Gold Award.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.