WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston last week:
- An Easton man, John Sullivan, 21, was arrested on drunken-driving charges after hitting another car and attempting to flee in Westport.
- Ridgefield police identified the 15-month-old child who died after being left in a car as Benjamin Seitz and also confirmed that they are investigating the death.
- Crumbs Bake Shop was known for its giant cupcakes and unique flavors, closed down its shops nationwide, including four in Fairfield County.
- A project to install air conditioning in 12 rooms at Weston High School was put on hold.
- The Redding-Easton 12-and-under softball team stayed alive in Division 1 of the Connecticut Little League tournament with a 3-1 victory over Westport in Orange.
- Colleen Stimola of Redding helped lift the spirits of patients in Norwalk Hospital's Pediatric Department to earn her Girl Scout Gold Award.