WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston last week:
- A 21-year-old Easton man, Nicholas Smith, was arrested after he crashed his 2001 Toyota sedan into an AT&T pole on Congress Street in Fairfield before fleeing the scene by running across a golf course, police said.
- A woman was struck and killed by a Metro-North train in the early morning of Monday, Nov. 17 near the South Norwalk train station, spokesman Marjorie Anders said.
- Ranjer Gonzalez, 34, of Stamford is facing child pornography charges after police discovered more than 10,000 images of child pornography on his computer.
- A 91-year-old Stratford woman, Stella Antanantis, who was mauled by her own dog died at Bridgeport Hospital .
- The Kemper-Gunn House on Church Lane was moved across the street to its new home after nearly two years of controversy surrounding the 1885 Queen Anne Victorian house that stood in the way of the Bedford Square development.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.