EASTON, Conn. Are you interested in becoming involved in Eastons local government? Easton officials have sent out a letter to residents letting them know of open spots on several town boards and commissions.
The open spots are:
- An alternate position on the Planning and Zoning Commission, with a term set to expire on Jan. 2, 2015.
- Two alternate positions on the Board of Assessment Appeals; one has a term set to expire on Nov. 7, 2011 and another expires on Nov. 5, 2013.
- A full position on the Parks and Recreation, with a term set to expire on Jan. 2, 2015.
- Two full positions on the Solid Waste Commission, one has a term set to expire on Jan. 2, 2016 and another expires on Jan. 2, 2015.
- There are two full positions on the Advisory Board for the Easton Senior Center, one has a term set on Jan. 2, 2014 and another expires on Jan. 2, 2015.
- There are several full positions open on the Technology Committee, the terms expire three years from the swearing-in date.
- There are two full positions and two alternate positions open with the Land Preservation and Acquisition Authority, one is a three year term and the other is a two year term from swearing in date.
- There is a full position open with the Conservation Committee with a term set to expire on Jan. 2, 2015 and two alternate positions open with terms set to expire on Jan. 2, 2014.
If you are interested in being considered for a board or commission, send a resume and letter of intent of the Office of the Board of Selectman, 225 Center Road, P.O. Box 61 Easton, CT 06612
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.