WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport this week:
- More than 200 passengers were stranded in freezing temperatures when a Metro-North train broke down for two hours just short of the Greens Farms stop in Westport.
- Thousands of commuters were stranded for hours on Thursday evening after a system-wide computer malfunction stopped all three of the Metro-North train lines.
- A surprise storm dumped nearly a foot of snow on Westport and brought single-digit temperatures with it.
- Java Coffee & Cafe , a popular Idaho-based coffeehouse, opened at 44 Church Lane in downtown Westport.
- Paul Seeman, 59, a former California Superior Court judge was arrested and charged with fighting with his wife Kristin Seeman, 69, at the Delamar Hotel in Southport.
- A babysitter from Fairfield was arrested and charged with punching and kicking police officer in New Canaan.
- A growing number of people in Fairfield County don’t always know where their next meal is coming from , according to a new study done by the Fairfield County Community Foundation.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.