WESTPORT, Conn. A fire involving a dehumidifier, paper products and toys erupted in the basement of a Glenwood Lane home Thursday afternoon. It was quickly extinguished by firefighters, Deputy Fire Chief Jon Gottfried reported.
Firefighters responded to the call around 12:42 p.m. and, upon arrival, saw light smoke coming from the front of the home. Firefighters were met by heavy smoke when they entered the basement. There, they found the dehumidifier and other items on fire, Gottfried said.
The homeowner was evaluated for carbon monoxide poisoning but declined further treatment. The fire marshal's office is investigating the cause of the blaze.
Follow The Daily Westport on Facebook and Twitter.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.