WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport last week:
- A 28-year-old Westport native Christopher Hoffman who last month became a New Jersey police officer died in a traffic accident in Jackson Township, N.J.
- Westport police arrested Gregory Gottman, 39, of Brooklyn on multiple drug charges and seized more than four pounds of ecstasy.
- Five baseball players with ties to Fairfield County including Staples High School graduate David Speer were drafted by the Cleveland Indians .
- Westport police arrested a New York man Boku Prince, 48, found in a parking lot with five pounds of marijuana and $12,000 in cash .
- MoneyRates.com ranks Connecticut among five worst states to make a living.
- After working for eight months and spending nearly $7 million to fully renovate Westport’s Levitt Pavilion For The Performing Arts , officials say they are on track to open for the summer season in mid-July.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.