WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport this week:
- Former Westport resident and owner of DBS helicopters Doug Sheffer was killed along with two others while piloting a helicopter that crashed south of Silt, Col.
- Fairfield-Based firms Advanced Grow Labs LLC owned by Westport resident David Lipton, and CT Wellness Centers received state approval to produce medical marijuana in the state of Connecticut.
- A Metro-North employee Manny Ramos, 34, was arrested after allegedly sexually assaulting a woman on a New Haven-bound Metro-North train.
- A 20-year-old Westport woman was arrested after she failed to pay for a cab ride from Norwalk to Westport.
- A 34-year-old Westport man is accused of spitting in his mother’s face during an argument. He was arrested and charged with harassment.
- Westport's Great Cakes bake shop is closing its doors for good.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.