WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport this week:
- Former Westport resident and owner of DBS helicopters Doug Sheffer was killed along with two others while piloting a helicopter that crashed south of Silt, Col.
- Fairfield-Based firms Advanced Grow Labs LLC owned by Westport resident David Lipton, and CT Wellness Centers received state approval to produce medical marijuana in the state of Connecticut.
- A Metro-North employee Manny Ramos, 34, was arrested after allegedly sexually assaulting a woman on a New Haven-bound Metro-North train.
- A 20-year-old Westport woman was arrested after she failed to pay for a cab ride from Norwalk to Westport.
- A 34-year-old Westport man is accused of spitting in his mother’s face during an argument. He was arrested and charged with harassment.
Westport's Great Cakes bake shop is closing its doors for good.