WESTPORT, Conn. - For the past 18 months the new Westport Weston Family Y has been under construction. On Friday night, the construction will a temporary closure of the Exit 41 ramp on northbound Merritt Parkway for final paving.
The ramp leading from Route 33/Wilton Road, onto the highway, also serves as the entrance into the new home of the Family Y.
Work is scheduled to take place from 8 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday, weather permitting. Traffic control personnel and signs will be used to guide motorists through the work zone.
“We’re at the point in the project where our ‘unknowns’ are largely behind us, and the steps we need to take to get our all-important Certificate of Occupancy are clear,” said Family Y CEO Rob Reeves.
The construction work is 85 percent complete on the new facility, the Y reports. The project is on schedule and on budget.
“We expect to be able to set a specific opening date early this summer, and look forward to hosting a very special ribbon cutting sometime around Labor Day,” Reeves said.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Westport Fire Assists In Rescue Of Two Girls After Tubing Accident
- 3 Car Driven By Westport Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy
- 4 Police: Weston Woman Assaults Westport Man Who Stuck Her With Bar Bill
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight