FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- More than $16 billion in federal funds was disbursed to help communities impacted by Superstorm Sandy, but only about 1 percent of that made its way to Connecticut, according to ctmirror.org.
The total amount of money Connecticut received over three disbursements for about $159 million. New York, New Jersey and New York City combined received nearly $13 billion, ctmirror.org reported.
FEMA said the money was distributed based purely on need, which was determined by the best available data, ctmirror.org said.
- 1 Police: Bridgeport Man Was Dead When Moved To Spot In Westport
- 2 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 4 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 5 Westport Police Investigate 'Suspicious’ Death Of Bridgeport Man