FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- More than $16 billion in federal funds was disbursed to help communities impacted by Superstorm Sandy, but only about 1 percent of that made its way to Connecticut, according to ctmirror.org.
The total amount of money Connecticut received over three disbursements for about $159 million. New York, New Jersey and New York City combined received nearly $13 billion, ctmirror.org reported.
FEMA said the money was distributed based purely on need, which was determined by the best available data, ctmirror.org said.
- 1 Westport Natives Open 'Progressive Smoke Shop' In Bridgeport
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Westport Skies Sunday
- 3 Motorcyclist Injured After Colliding With Box Truck In Westport
- 4 Westport Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Westport Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend