FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- More than $16 billion in federal funds was disbursed to help communities impacted by Superstorm Sandy, but only about 1 percent of that made its way to Connecticut, according to ctmirror.org.
The total amount of money Connecticut received over three disbursements for about $159 million. New York, New Jersey and New York City combined received nearly $13 billion, ctmirror.org reported.
FEMA said the money was distributed based purely on need, which was determined by the best available data, ctmirror.org said.
- 1 Westport Boasts 5 Elementary Schools In State's Top 10
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Westport; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 3 Staples High School Ranked Third-Best In Connecticut
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Beware Of Wind Chill, Slippery Roads As Deep Freeze Settles In On Westport