FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- More than $16 billion in federal funds was disbursed to help communities impacted by Superstorm Sandy, but only about 1 percent of that made its way to Connecticut, according to ctmirror.org.
The total amount of money Connecticut received over three disbursements for about $159 million. New York, New Jersey and New York City combined received nearly $13 billion, ctmirror.org reported.
FEMA said the money was distributed based purely on need, which was determined by the best available data, ctmirror.org said.
- 1 HGTV’s Talented Twin Property Brothers Work Their Magic In Fairfied County
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Westport
- 3 Trader Joe's Recalls Walnuts Over Possible Health Risk
- 4 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 5 Westport Firefighters Help With Extraction In I-95 Car Rollovers