FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- More than $16 billion in federal funds was disbursed to help communities impacted by Superstorm Sandy, but only about 1 percent of that made its way to Connecticut, according to ctmirror.org.
The total amount of money Connecticut received over three disbursements for about $159 million. New York, New Jersey and New York City combined received nearly $13 billion, ctmirror.org reported.
FEMA said the money was distributed based purely on need, which was determined by the best available data, ctmirror.org said.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Westport Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Happy Birthday To Westport’s Nile Rodgers
- 4 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 5 Fairfield County Crowds Line Up Early To Get New iPhones