FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- More than $16 billion in federal funds was disbursed to help communities impacted by Superstorm Sandy, but only about 1 percent of that made its way to Connecticut, according to ctmirror.org.
The total amount of money Connecticut received over three disbursements for about $159 million. New York, New Jersey and New York City combined received nearly $13 billion, ctmirror.org reported.
FEMA said the money was distributed based purely on need, which was determined by the best available data, ctmirror.org said.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Westport Fire Assists In Rescue Of Two Girls After Tubing Accident
- 3 Car Driven By Westport Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy
- 4 Police: Weston Woman Assaults Westport Man Who Stuck Her With Bar Bill
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight