WESTON, Conn. Do you think Weston's first selectman should hold a two- or four-year term in office? Do you think the town clerk should continue be an elected position or should it be appointed? Those are just some of hot topics that Weston's Charter Revision Committee will ponder tonight.
The meeting, which is open to the public, will focus some of the following topic found within Articles 4 and 5 of the Charter:
- Should first selectman be the proper title or should the title be more gender-neutral?
- Currently, the charter requires the town administrator to help the first selectman analyze the short-term and long-term financial and cash flow implications of town programs. Should this specific function be in the Charter?
- Currently, the selectman hold two-year terms. Should the selectmen be elected for a four-year term?
- Should the position of first selectman be full-time or part-time?
- The tax collector and the town clerk are currently elected positions. Should they be an appointed position?
The Charter Revision Committee will meet at 7:30 p.m., in the Town Hall meeting room, 56 Norfield Road. The complete agenda can be found here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.