WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport this week:
- Former Westport Little League board member Kevin Hlavac, 39, was arrested after a two-month investigation into the league's finances. The Bridgeport resident was charged with embezzling more than $40,000 from the league.
- Roscoe Brown, an 18-year-old Westport residents, was Tasered by police officers after he attempted to enter a Hyatt Lane home.
- The body of Norwalk resident Mauro Godinez Pineda, 40, who went missing after his canoe flipped over Memorial Day in Long Island Sound, was found.
- Westport student David Arana earned a bachelor of science degree in health promotion studies from Western Connecticut State University.
- Brandi Briggs, a member of Westport’s Representative Town Meeting, received the unanimous endorsement of the GOP to run for state representative for the 136th District in Westport.
- Westport residents packed Main Street for the annual Art About Town festival and for the unveiling of a new art installation in the walkway by Acqua.
- Despite mounting opposition to a proposed cellphone tower for Greens Farms Road, a balloon float test will be conducted Monday, June 3, on the tower's height.
- 1 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Westport
- 5 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later