WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport last week:
- Two men Anthony J. Torre, 57, of Derby, and Terrance S. Cummings, 32, of Norwalk, were charged with violating protective orders by sending unwanted text and voice messages to women in separate cases.
- After only the first season of her animated PBS show "Peg + Cat," Weston resident Hayley Negrin has been nominated for her first Daytime Emmy Award for her work.
- Federal officials have lodged additional charges against Gregory Gottman, 39, of Brooklyn, N.Y. who was arrested after being accused of bringing four pounds of ecstasy into Westport.
- Former New York WCBS-TV news anchor Rob Morrison, 46, was arrested in Darien on charges of violating a protective order his estranged wife brought against him.
Saugatuck Rowing Club in Westport is sending 22 graduating high school seniors to 19 college programs later this year.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Westport
- 3 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 4 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill
- 5 Supporters Gather In Westport To Hear From Bernie Sanders