WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston this week:
- A 20-year-old Weston man who is a student at Lafayette College in Easton, Pa., has been arrested along with 10 others, after dealing drugs as a part of a ring that sold marijuana , ecstasy and cocaine throughout southeastern Pennsylvania.
- The Weston Fire Department responded to a blaze that was moving through a two-story house on Langer Lane and quickly brought the fire under control.
- Weston High School and Joel Barlow High School in Redding were both named among the top public high schools in Connecticut and received gold medals in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
- The Redding School District will not renew the contracts of six teachers for the 2014-15 school year due to declining enrollment in the school district.
- An Easton boy who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a head-on collision with a dump truck four years ago was awarded $8 million in damages by a jury.
- Easton police are searching for suspects who spray painted swastikas and hateful messages on Eden Hill and North Street
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.