WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston this week:
- A 20-year-old Weston man who is a student at Lafayette College in Easton, Pa., has been arrested along with 10 others, after dealing drugs as a part of a ring that sold marijuana , ecstasy and cocaine throughout southeastern Pennsylvania.
- The Weston Fire Department responded to a blaze that was moving through a two-story house on Langer Lane and quickly brought the fire under control.
- Weston High School and Joel Barlow High School in Redding were both named among the top public high schools in Connecticut and received gold medals in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
- The Redding School District will not renew the contracts of six teachers for the 2014-15 school year due to declining enrollment in the school district.
- An Easton boy who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a head-on collision with a dump truck four years ago was awarded $8 million in damages by a jury.
- Easton police are searching for suspects who spray painted swastikas and hateful messages on Eden Hill and North Street