REDDING/EASTON/WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Redding, Easton and Weston this week:
- One 13-year-old boy was charged with breach of peace and another interviewed by police after the teens posted photos of guns with disturbing captions on Instagram, Redding Police Chief Douglas S. Fuchs said.
- Redding's Brooklee Han, a graduate of Joel Barlow High School, was crowned the new ladies figure skating champion in Australia as she continues her quest to compete in the Sochi Olympics.
- The Aspetuck Wildcats Division 13 team won the New England championship in the American Youth Football and Cheer competition and will compete in the national championships in Florida.
- Alexander Scott Lee, 21, was arrested in connection with the car accident that killed Weston cyclist Thomas Steinert-Threlkeld in October, police said.
- Four people were killed and 63 injured after a Metro-North passenger train derailed in the Bronx, N.Y., near the Spuyten Duyvil station. The engineer was reportedly suspended without pay.
- Fairfield resident William Dong was charged in West Haven after walking on the University of New Haven campus with guns, police said. Articles on mass shootings were found in a search of his home, police said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.