WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport this week:
- The fifth major storm of 2014 left most of Fairfield County looking like a ghost town Thursday, covering the area with nearly a foot of snow and ice.
- The winter has been so bad, Gov. Malloy has declared a state of emergency to replenish dwindling salt supplies.
- Two people were sent to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries after a two-car rollover crash on I-95 northbound in Westport.
- A 49-year-old Norwalk man was arrested in Westport and charged with drunken driving after a patrol officer spotted a car driving recklessly on South Compo Road.
- Westport diver helped The New Canaan YMCA Whirlwind Diving Team to capture the team first place prize at the annual Whirlwind Winter Weekend Invitational Diving Meet.
Westport Warm Up Fund are still accepting donations to help qualified residents who receive state heating assistance to keep their homes warm.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Westport Residents Experience Sweet Success With Nothin' But Foods
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Westport Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield