WESTPORT, Conn. -- Residents can pick up absentee ballots for the Nov. 3 election at the Town Clerk's Office.
The office, at 110 Myrtle Ave. inside Town Hall, is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays. In addition, the clerk's office will be open from 9 a.m. to noon Oct. 31 to issue the ballots.
Registered voters may use an absentee ballot the following reasons:
- Active service in the armed forces.
- illness or physical disability.
- Religious tenets, which forbid secular activity on the day of the election.
- Duties as an election official at the polling place other than their own during all of the hours of voting.
- Absence from town on election day.
Application for a ballot can be requested in person at the town clerk’s office in Room 105 or by calling 203-341-1110. The form also is available at www.westportct.gov.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.