WESTPORT, Conn. -- The Westport Police Department Union Local 2080 and Police Benevolent Association will host its annual Holiday Toy Drive this month.
The drive provides toys for underprivileged children throughout Fairfield County and beyond. It has been extremely successful in the past, allowing for thousands of toys to be distributed to children who otherwise would have none, according to a release from the Westport Police Department.
Organizers ask community members for their continued support and generosity to help make this year’s drive as successful as in the past. By doing so, they will bring joy to so many children who often have none, the release said.
Westport Police officers will accept new, unopened and unwrapped toys, as well as cash donations, in the parking lot of ASF Sports & Outdoors at 1560 Post Road East, Westport, on the following Saturdays and Sundays: Dec. 10, 11, 17 and 18, from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
In the case of inclement weather, call the Westport Police Department at 203-341-6000 or check with the local news services. Should the weather not allow a trip to ASF on any one of those days, the donations can be brought to the Westport Police Department as soon as conditions allow.
Collection boxes will be set up from Dec. 5 - 16 at the following locations:
- Westport Police Department, 50 Jesup Road, 24 hours a day.
- Westport Town Hall, 110 Myrtle Ave., during business hours of Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- ASF Sports & Outdoors, 1560 Post Road East, during store hours of Sunday, 11 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday, 10 a.m - 6 p.m., Thursday, 10 a.m. -7 p.m., and Saturday, 10a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Whole Foods Market Westport, 399 Post Road West, during store hours of 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily.
- Renato’s Jewelers, 1765 Post Road East, during store hours of Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., closed Sundays.
Any questions can be directed to Sgt. Jill Ruggiero at email@example.com or 203-341-6000.