WESTPORT, Conn. -- As the Sherwood Island State Park’s Pavilion undergoes a much-needed rehab and greening, the Friends’ of Sherwood Island State Park are continuing the tradition of hosting an end of summer season party and fundraiser.
This year's Sherwood Islandfest event will take place on Sunday, Sept. 14, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Nature Center at Sherwood Island in Westport.
Guests will be able to enjoy drinks, a raw bar, hors d’oeuvers and a silent auction while they visit the animal displays.
The project “100 Trees for 100 Years” project will begin with the first tree planted in memory of longtime Sherwood Island resident Allen Raymond.
Tickets are $25 each and are available for purchase online at www.friendsofsherwoodisland.org .
Sherwood Island State Park is located at the end of the Sherwood Island Connector of Exit 18 of I-95 in Westport.
Some of the silent auction items include:
- Two tickets to the Westport Country Playhouse
- A meal at the Spotted Horse Tavern, newly opened in the former Sherwood Home on Church Lane
- Earth Animal Gift Card
- "In Flight" framed photo by A.J. Hand
- Wines from Dan’s Liquor in Westport
- Three months membership at the Westport Weston Family Y
- Splash car washes
- Model airplane Flight School by Country Squires @ Sherwood Island 'Airport'
- CT Audubon canoe trip for three
- Plants from Izzo's Country Garden Center
- Newman's Own gift basket
- Birthday Party at Sherwood Island Nature Center:
- Three free months at The Edge
- A Terrarium From Terrain
- Paddle boarding rental from Longshore Sailing School
- Framed botanical print by artist Mary Ann Neilso
For more information, contact Mary Ann West at 203-554-3964 or email@example.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.