NORWALK, Conn. -- Nearly 50 individuals with developmental disabilities from Norwalk, Wilton, Westport and Weston who were unable to be with family or friends at Thanksgiving enjoyed a traditional holiday meal at STAR Center in Norwalk courtesy of Polly and John Lowman of Darien.
The celebration, which included games and karaoke, was staffed by members, volunteers, friends of STAR and students from Darien High School.
STAR, Inc., Lighting the Way is a nonprofit organization serving infants, children and adults with developmental disabilities, as well as providing support services to their families.
If you would like to volunteer for upcoming STAR events, or sponsor a holiday gift or celebration for a person(s) with intellectual and developmental disabilities, contact Megan Johnson at 203-846-9581, ext. 339 or email her.
- 1 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 Democrats Turn Out Early In Westport To Support Hillary Clinton
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal