NORWALK, Conn. -- Nearly 50 individuals with developmental disabilities from Norwalk, Wilton, Westport and Weston who were unable to be with family or friends at Thanksgiving enjoyed a traditional holiday meal at STAR Center in Norwalk courtesy of Polly and John Lowman of Darien.
The celebration, which included games and karaoke, was staffed by members, volunteers, friends of STAR and students from Darien High School.
STAR, Inc., Lighting the Way is a nonprofit organization serving infants, children and adults with developmental disabilities, as well as providing support services to their families.
If you would like to volunteer for upcoming STAR events, or sponsor a holiday gift or celebration for a person(s) with intellectual and developmental disabilities, contact Megan Johnson at 203-846-9581, ext. 339 or email her.
- 1 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Forbes Ranks Founder Of Westport Hedge Fund As Richest Man In Connecticut
- 4 Passed Out Driver’s Arrest On Drug Charge Tops Week’s News In Westport
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight