NORWALK, Conn. -- Nearly 50 individuals with developmental disabilities from Norwalk, Wilton, Westport and Weston who were unable to be with family or friends at Thanksgiving enjoyed a traditional holiday meal at STAR Center in Norwalk courtesy of Polly and John Lowman of Darien.
The celebration, which included games and karaoke, was staffed by members, volunteers, friends of STAR and students from Darien High School.
STAR, Inc., Lighting the Way is a nonprofit organization serving infants, children and adults with developmental disabilities, as well as providing support services to their families.
If you would like to volunteer for upcoming STAR events, or sponsor a holiday gift or celebration for a person(s) with intellectual and developmental disabilities, contact Megan Johnson at 203-846-9581, ext. 339 or email her.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Bedford Middle School Team Heads To National Science Olympiad
- 3 Westport Mom And Son Enjoy Take Your Child To Work Day In Stamford
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced