NORWALK, Conn. -- Nearly 50 individuals with developmental disabilities from Norwalk, Wilton, Westport and Weston who were unable to be with family or friends at Thanksgiving enjoyed a traditional holiday meal at STAR Center in Norwalk courtesy of Polly and John Lowman of Darien.
The celebration, which included games and karaoke, was staffed by members, volunteers, friends of STAR and students from Darien High School.
STAR, Inc., Lighting the Way is a nonprofit organization serving infants, children and adults with developmental disabilities, as well as providing support services to their families.
If you would like to volunteer for upcoming STAR events, or sponsor a holiday gift or celebration for a person(s) with intellectual and developmental disabilities, contact Megan Johnson at 203-846-9581, ext. 339 or email her.
- 1 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Black Bear Spotted In Yard On Sunnyside Lane In Westport
- 4 Saugatuck Rowers Win 4 Gold Medals At Club Nationals
- 5 Aquarion Water Warns Customers To Beware Of Fake Employees After Burglaries