HARTFORD, Conn. -- Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and his wife recently held a reception at the governor’s mansion in Hartford to support the Center for Family Justice, which serves Fairfield and Easton.
At the reception, Janet and Jacob Navon of Westport pledged to donate $50,000 if the center could raise that amount.
The Center for Family Justice brings police and prosecutors as well as civil, legal and social services under one roof to aid victims of domestic abuse and sexual assault, according to a press release. It serves the communities of Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford, and Trumbull.
It also runs satellite offices in Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Westport Overnight
- 5 Fairfield County Commuters Face Tough Road Home On Wednesday