HARTFORD, Conn. -- Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and his wife recently held a reception at the governor’s mansion in Hartford to support the Center for Family Justice, which serves Fairfield and Easton.
At the reception, Janet and Jacob Navon of Westport pledged to donate $50,000 if the center could raise that amount.
The Center for Family Justice brings police and prosecutors as well as civil, legal and social services under one roof to aid victims of domestic abuse and sexual assault, according to a press release. It serves the communities of Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford, and Trumbull.
It also runs satellite offices in Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Westport Man Charged With Failing To Register On Sex Offender List
- 3 Westport Man Charged With Strangling His Wife
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director