HARTFORD, Conn. -- Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and his wife recently held a reception at the governor’s mansion in Hartford to support the Center for Family Justice, which serves Fairfield and Easton.
At the reception, Janet and Jacob Navon of Westport pledged to donate $50,000 if the center could raise that amount.
The Center for Family Justice brings police and prosecutors as well as civil, legal and social services under one roof to aid victims of domestic abuse and sexual assault, according to a press release. It serves the communities of Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford, and Trumbull.
It also runs satellite offices in Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull.
- 1 Westport Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westport, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Westport; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield