HARTFORD, Conn. -- Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and his wife recently held a reception at the governor’s mansion in Hartford to support the Center for Family Justice, which serves Fairfield and Easton.
At the reception, Janet and Jacob Navon of Westport pledged to donate $50,000 if the center could raise that amount.
The Center for Family Justice brings police and prosecutors as well as civil, legal and social services under one roof to aid victims of domestic abuse and sexual assault, according to a press release. It serves the communities of Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford, and Trumbull.
It also runs satellite offices in Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 3 Suspect In Southport Home Burglary Arrested On I-95 Near Westport
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield