WESTPORT, Conn. -- Looking to add a pet to your household? Little Black Dog Rescue will be holding an adoption event Wednesday, Aug. 6, from noon to 4 p.m. at Earth Animal, 606 Post Road E., Westport.
Amy Scarella, founder of LBD Rescue, has a passion for helping dogs and has been rescuing with various local groups in Connecticut as well as Georgia, North Carolina and Puerto Rico.
"Please join us to help save lives, one delicious little black dog at a time," Scarella said.
Donated baked goods will be accepted at the even. Volunteers are needed to walk dogs at the event. Kids are welcome to attend and help.
To see a selection of photos and biographies of dogs available for adoption, check out the website here.
Belle, pictured above, is one of the dogs available for adoption. She is a petite flat-coated retriever and maybe border collie, and loves to cuddle. Belle, who is 10 months old, was tied up for the first part of her life and has the scars to prove it, the website says. Belle would do best around other dogs. She loves the park and swimming and is great off-leash.
Email email@example.com for more information about adoptions, sponsor opportunities or to volunteer to be a foster parent.
For more information about Little Black Dog Rescue, visit www.littleblackdogrescue.org.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Westport Overnight
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks