For 30 years, Bob Gardner ran his own advertising agency. After moving to Weston in 1986 with his wife, Joan Byrne, he voted and paid taxes. But like many in Weston, he thought he was too busy to get involved in town matters.
Eight years ago, he started attending town meetings and says he had an epiphany. Connecticut towns are run largely by volunteers. He started volunteering:
- Weston Warm-Up Fund for 6-plus years as publicity chairman
- Election Day volunteer: Bob checked voter IDs at the polls in each of the last seven elections.
- Weston Zoning Board of Appeals, past five years
- On Weston Community Service Coalition since it started
- Taking pledge calls at every WSHU (NPR radio station) fund drive since 2004.
Robert (Bob) Gardner is now a candidate for reelection to the Weston Zoning Board of Appeals. We could not ask for a more conscientious, reliable, fair-minded candidate. Please join me in voting for Bob Gardner on Nov. 8.
- Bur Goode, Weston
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.