They're safe, reliable and efficient. And now that kind of funny-looking and familiar, car/box hybrid is pet-friendly. The Honda Element recently introduced an upgrade to its popular Element line, and four-legged passengers (and their drivers) are giving it two paws' up. If you're a dog-lover, you might consider giving this vehicle a test romp.
Ted Cole, of Honda of Westport, can't bark enough about its attributes. "The dog-friendly Honda Element is perfect for every dog owner," he says. "Beginning with the completely washable interior and ending with the dog-friendly emblems, it's definitely the way to go if you're all about your pet."
The dog package consists of the following post-factory upgrades:
* A custom-fitted, soft-sided crate with a built-in, spill-resistant water bowl
* An electric cooling fan mounted in the cargo bay
* A portable ramp that gives dogs access to the crate
* Dog-patterned rear seat covers
* Dog bone-patterned, heavy-duty floormats
* A bag with accessories such as matching collar and leash, poop-bag dispenser and an ID tag
* Exterior vehicle badges for the tailgate and front fenders that loudly declare you a dog lover
"It's very popular," says Ted, "But people seem to know about it through word-of-mouth, as they come in already wanting it." He adds, "It's not a hard sell at all."
This car has everyone's tail wagging. You might even say it's worth paws-ing for.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.