EASTON, Conn. Parents wondering what do with their children over the upcoming holiday break can try the week-long winter camp at the Easton Community Center .
The camp is a winter version of the centers popular summer camp. It will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 26 through Dec. 30. For an additional fee there is a 6 p.m. pickup option for working parents.
The camp is open to children ages 11 to 15. Parents should register now because space is limited.
A schedule of camp activities is as follows:
- Monday, Dec. 26: Children will take part in team building and extreme sports. This will also be orientation day, which gives children a layout of the upcoming week. Campers should bring a bagged lunch this day.
- Tuesday, Dec. 27: Camper will take a trip to the Sports Center in Shelton. The trip will include laser tag, bowling and arcade games. Lunch will be available to purchase at the Sports Center
- Wednesday, Dec. 28: The center will take the kids to Mount Southington for a ski trip. Lunch will be available for purchase at the mountain. Children can bring their own ski equipment. Trip could change depending on mountain conditions.
- Thursday, Dec. 29: This day is designated for community service, where kids have an opportunity to give back.
- Friday, Dec. 30: Campers are rewarded with a trip to On Track Karting, where they can race go carts. Campers should bring money for a meal, which will be purchased on the way home.
The cost for the camp is $325 for the week, with a $10 fee for late pickup each day. Parents who register before Dec. 21 will not have to pay the late pickup fee.
Parents can register by calling 203-450-9700, by faxing to 203-445-1798 or by stopping by at the center, located at 364 Sport Hill Road.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.