EASTON, Conn. ? Hey Easton, are you looking for something fun to do this weekend? Here are a few family-friendly events coming up throughout the county:
Friday, Jan. 20
- 8 p.m.: Celebrated for its innovation, creativity and preservation of predominantly African-American traditions in dance, The Philadelphia Dance Company, known as PHILADANCO, performs at Fairfield Universitys Regina A. Quick Center for the Arts . Tickets are $35-$45.
Saturday, Jan. 21
- 11 a.m.: Celebrity caterer Lulu Powers will be at the Winter Farmers Market at Westons Norfield Grange to sign copies of her new book, Lulu Powers Food to Flowers. The event is free and open to the public. Powers book will be available for purchase. Located at 12 Good Hill Road, the market will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 11 a.m.: Westports Earthplace celebrates New England winters with fun things to do indoors and out. Make Inuit snow goggles, a crystal snowflake, a snowflake catcher. Animal Ambassadors will describe how local wildlife copes with winter. Admission is $20 per family. Earthplace is located at 10 Woodside Lane, Westport. For more information, visit www.earthplace.org .
- 1 p.m.: Lecture on the War of 1812 in Easton: Betty Oderwald, president of the U.S. Daughters of 1812, will share her knowledge about the War of 1812 and its impact in Connecticut. The talk will take place at the Easton Public Library , located at 691 Morehouse Road. Admission is free.
- 1 p.m.: Make Survival Shoes in Fairfield: The CT Audubon gives children the basics to fashion a pair of back-country snowshoes. Participants will make an actual pair of decorative snowshoes constructed from white pine boughs. For children ages 6 and up with a participating adult. The fee is $5 per child/adult team for members and $8 for nonmembers. For more information, call 203-259-6305.
Sunday, Jan. 22
- 3 p.m.: Theatre Artists Workshop of Norwalk presents Keir Dullea, who starred in 2001: A Space Odyssey!, reading A Small World, a new play, at Fairfield Museum and History Center . In the reading, Dullea is Walt Disney and Tom Zingarelli plays Igor Stravinsky. Tickets are $10-$20.
Do you know of anything exciting happening this weekend? Let reporter Erin Lynch know at email@example.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.