WESTPORT, Conn. -- Happy birthday to Westport’s Ramin Ganeshram!
Ramin Ganeshram, who has owned a home in Westport, turns 46 on Saturday. The journalist, chef and cookbook author was born June 21, 1968, in New York City.
Ganeshram trained at the Institute of Culinary Education in New York City, where she has also worked as a chef instructor.
For eight years she worked as a feature writer/stringer for The New York Times regional sections and another eight years for Newsday as a food columnist and feature writer.
In addition to contributing to a variety of food publications, including Saveur, Gourmet, Bon Appetit and epicurious.com, she has written articles on food, culture and travel for Islands, National Geographic Traveler, Forbes Traveler, Forbes Four Seasons and many others.
She was as a reporter and writer on Molly O’Neill’s magnum "One Big Table."
Her own cookbooks include "Sweet Hands: Island Cooking from Trinidad & Tobago" and "The America I Am: Pass It Down Cookbook."
She has received several journalism awards for her writing and has been nominated for an International Association of Culinary Professionals Bert Greene culinary journalism award.
In January 2010, she founded the charity Food 4 Haiti, to raise money for the UN World Food Programme’s effort in the earthquake-ravaged Caribbean nation of Haiti.
She is currently on the board of the Meriden-based non-profit My City Kitchen.
- 1 Westport Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Westport With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westport, Blizzard Watch Issued