WESTPORT, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Westport’s Paul Bevan Lieberstein!
Lieberstein, who grew up in Westport, turns 47 on Saturday. The screenwriter, actor and television producer was born Feb. 22, 1967.
He worked as a writer for "Weird Science" in 1994, and shortly thereafter wrote for "The Naked Truth." Three years later, he used his writing prowess to bring to life the animated "King of the Hill" and worked as a writer and co-executive producer for "The Drew Carey Show" and "The Bernie Mac Show."
His first Emmy was as a producer, sharing a 1999 award for "Outstanding Animated Program" for his work on "King of the Hill."
As an actor, he shared in a 2006 Screen Actors Guild Award for "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series;" as a writer, he shared a 2006 Writers Guild of America Award for the series, in addition to a WGA Award nomination for "The Coup". As co-executive producer, he shared a 2006 Emmy Award for "Outstanding Comedy Series."
He is known as a writer, producer and supporting cast member Toby Flenderson on the U.S. version of the sitcom "The Office."
In June 2007, he shared in a Daytime Emmy Award for "Outstanding Broadband Program – Comedy", for his work on "The Office: Accountants" webisodes.
He received an honorary doctorate of fine arts degree from Hamilton College on May 22, 2011.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill
- 3 Westport Fire Assists In Rescue Of Two Girls After Tubing Accident
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight