FAIRFIELD, Conn. – See dozens of Lego architects display their creativity Saturday during CancerCare’s annual Blocks of Love fundraiser at Fairfield County’s Webster Bank Arena.
Blocks of Love brings together local Lego aficionados to build models on-site. Each builder must collect sponsorships for Norwalk-based CancerCare, an organization that provides support services for cancer patients and their families.
“The event is a great opportunity to showcase these projects and have fun with the whole family," Sandra Tripodi, regional director of CancerCare’s Connecticut office, said in a press release. “It gives kids a chance to connect with an important cause in an easy, interactive way.”
Along with the Lego exhibition, there will be entertainment by magician Pablo Aymerich, the School of Rock's House Band and kid-friendly musicians Barry G and Maestro C.
Blocks of Love has raised approximately $550,000 for CancerCare since its inaugural event in 2009. Last year’s edition at Fairfield Ludlowe High School drew more than 3,000 people, prompting the move to the larger Bridgeport venue.
Blocks of Love takes place Nov. 17 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Webster Bank Arena, 600 Main St., Bridgeport. Tickets are $5 each. You can also choose to support individual builders at the CancerCare website.
- 1 HGTV’s Talented Twin Property Brothers Work Their Magic In Fairfied County
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Westport
- 3 Westport Firefighters Help With Extraction In I-95 Car Rollovers
- 4 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 5 Saugatuck Assistant Principal Gets Top Job At Long Lots School In Westport