WESTPORT, CONN.-- Westport's Riverside Park will host a ceremonial blowing of the shofar in honor of Rosh Hashana at 6 p.m. Sept. 5.
The shofar is a simple hollowed out ram’s horn. It has been a traditional staple of the holiday for thousands of years.
According to ancient prescription, one must hear the blasts directly from the shofar itself and not through any kind of amplified medium.
The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit http://www.schneersoncenter.org/.
- 1 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 2 Forbes Ranks Founder Of Westport Hedge Fund As Richest Man In Connecticut
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Westport Man Lands Big Fish In Long Island Sound