WESTPORT, CONN.-- Westport's Riverside Park will host a ceremonial blowing of the shofar in honor of Rosh Hashana at 6 p.m. Sept. 5.
The shofar is a simple hollowed out ram’s horn. It has been a traditional staple of the holiday for thousands of years.
According to ancient prescription, one must hear the blasts directly from the shofar itself and not through any kind of amplified medium.
The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit http://www.schneersoncenter.org/.
- 1 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 2 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 3 Power Outages Repaired In Westport After Storm
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage In Senate Debate
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola