WESTPORT, CONN.-- Westport's Riverside Park will host a ceremonial blowing of the shofar in honor of Rosh Hashana at 6 p.m. Sept. 5.
The shofar is a simple hollowed out ram’s horn. It has been a traditional staple of the holiday for thousands of years.
According to ancient prescription, one must hear the blasts directly from the shofar itself and not through any kind of amplified medium.
The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit http://www.schneersoncenter.org/.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Westport