WESTPORT, CONN.-- Westport's Riverside Park will host a ceremonial blowing of the shofar in honor of Rosh Hashana at 6 p.m. Sept. 5.
The shofar is a simple hollowed out ram’s horn. It has been a traditional staple of the holiday for thousands of years.
According to ancient prescription, one must hear the blasts directly from the shofar itself and not through any kind of amplified medium.
The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit http://www.schneersoncenter.org/.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 3 Westport Mom And Son Enjoy Take Your Child To Work Day In Stamford
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Bedford Middle School Team Heads To National Science Olympiad