WESTPORT, CONN.-- Westport's Riverside Park will host a ceremonial blowing of the shofar in honor of Rosh Hashana at 6 p.m. Sept. 5.
The shofar is a simple hollowed out ram’s horn. It has been a traditional staple of the holiday for thousands of years.
According to ancient prescription, one must hear the blasts directly from the shofar itself and not through any kind of amplified medium.
The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit http://www.schneersoncenter.org/.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Westport Fire Assists In Rescue Of Two Girls After Tubing Accident
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Car Driven By Westport Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies