WESTPORT, CONN.-- Westport's Riverside Park will host a ceremonial blowing of the shofar in honor of Rosh Hashana at 6 p.m. Sept. 5.
The shofar is a simple hollowed out ram’s horn. It has been a traditional staple of the holiday for thousands of years.
According to ancient prescription, one must hear the blasts directly from the shofar itself and not through any kind of amplified medium.
The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit http://www.schneersoncenter.org/.
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Westport Woman Arrested Twice On Assault, Burglary Charges
- 3 Greenwich Announces Middle School Principal Is Moving To Westport Job
- 4 Population Grows In Westport, All Of Fairfield County
- 5 Westport Police Assist With Cocaine Bust In Norwalk