GREENWICH, Conn. -- Wilton's Mitch West, a triathlete and coach at EHS TRI/GTC in Greenwich, will host a question-and-answer session about the upcoming Ironman Lake Placid on Thursday, July 10.
The free Q&A will be held at Elite Health Services, 1445 E. Putnam Ave., Old Greenwich. Light refreshments will be served.
West, a four-time contestant in the Ironman World Championships, will host the interactive session about the Lake Placid race, which will be held July 27. The race in New York is a popular destination for many triathletes in Fairfield County.
West will offer tips on a variety of topics, including how to prep for the Ironman, how to transition quickly off the bike to the run, what do to eat on race morning, and more.
Also available for training advice will be EHS TRI / GTC coaches Jon Stellwagen, Clare Zecher and Steve Kurczewski, who combined have raced eight Ironman Triathlons.
EHS TRI / GTC will host a quick practical session afterward on how to change a flat tire. Bring your wheel, spare tubes, a tire lever and pump/CO2 cartridge.
For more information, call 203-983-5748 or visit its website.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Westport Residents Experience Sweet Success With Nothin' But Foods
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Fairfield County Commuters Face Tough Road Home On Wednesday