updated: WESTPORT, Conn. -- Effective Monday, Aug. 18, the Westport Parks and Recreation Department has adjusted the lifeguard schedule at the town's beaches for the rest of summer.
The following lifeguard schedule is effective Monday, Aug. 18:
- No lifeguards will be on duty at Burying Hill Beach for the rest of summer.
- Compo Beach will have lifeguards on duty during the week and weekends through Labor Day.
Any questions should be directed to the town's operations supervisor at 203-341-5086.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Westport
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight