updated: WESTPORT, Conn. -- Effective Monday, Aug. 18, the Westport Parks and Recreation Department has adjusted the lifeguard schedule at the town's beaches for the rest of summer.
The following lifeguard schedule is effective Monday, Aug. 18:
- No lifeguards will be on duty at Burying Hill Beach for the rest of summer.
- Compo Beach will have lifeguards on duty during the week and weekends through Labor Day.
Any questions should be directed to the town's operations supervisor at 203-341-5086.
- 1 Westport Boasts 5 Elementary Schools In State's Top 10
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Westport; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 3 Staples High School Ranked Third-Best In Connecticut
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Beware Of Wind Chill, Slippery Roads As Deep Freeze Settles In On Westport