NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A record number of runners completed the 5K run Friday in New Canaan at the All Out For Autism race.
New Balance New Canaan sponsored the race, which had 395 finishers. There was also a kids fun run before the main event in the sixth annual edition of the race.
Mike St. George, 15, of New Canaan was the overall winner for the 3.1-mile distance in 18:56. Eliza Hompe, 22, also of New Canaan, won the women’s overall race in 19:51.
Rounding out the top three among the men were Alex Ellsworth, 17, of New Canaan, also in 18:56, and David Ott of Darien, who ran 19:06. Kristin Scott of Southport (20:42) and Serena Hunt of Norwalk (20:58) rounded out the top three in the women’s division.
The race supports the special needs department of the New Canaan Community YMCA. SPED Net New Canaan also helped to organize the race.
Complete race results are online.
- 1 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 2 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 3 Power Outages Repaired In Westport After Storm
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage In Senate Debate
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola