WESTPORT, Conn. -- Have a great idea to help beautify Saugatuck? Westport officials want to know what you think and are inviting residents to participate in a survey regarding the town's Master Plan.
The nine-month project will involve a team of planners, engineers, economic planners and historic preservation experts to establish design standards.
The initial project goals are:
- Improve the entrance experience when arriving in Westport
- Maintain the authenticity and identity of Saugatuck
- Respect the character of this community
- Preserve it, build upon it and enhance it
- Create an even stronger sense of place designed for extraordinary livability
- Improve the connectivity and walkability between the station, village and waterfront
- Enhance the existing infrastructure – streets, sidewalks, parking, plazas, parks, lighting, landscaping
- Improve the privately and publicly-owned civic spaces
- Attract and engage all generations – young and old
- Establish design guidelines, standards and a master plan to reinforce these goals
Results of the survey are expected to be made public in the fall.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.