FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- When it comes to the Best of Connecticut, Fairfield County ranks very high, according to the 17th edition of the list from Connecticut Magazine.
Businesses from across Fairfield County are included in the 2014 edition of the list of the best food and drink, fun and leisure, and shopping to be found in the Nutmeg state.
Here are the local places you may know that are included on the list, along with the winning category:
- Bread: Wave Hill Breads in Norwalk, call 203-762-9595 or visit wavehillbreads.com for more information
- Burger: Plan B, with locations in Stamford and elsewhere in the state; visit planbburger.com for more information
- Sports Complex: Chelsea Piers Stamford; call 203-989-1000 or visit chelseapiersct.com for more information
- Day Spa: Delamar Spa in Greenwich; call 203-661-9800 or visit delamargreenwich.com
- Irish Pub: Tigin Irish Pub in Stamford; call 203-353-8444 or visit tiginirishpub.com
- Antiques: Antique and Artisan Center in Stamford; for more information, call 203-327-6022, or visit www,stamfordantiques.com
- Home Decor: Danbury-based Ethan Allen with stores in Danbury, Norwalk and Stamford along with other locations; for more information, call 203-743-8293 or visit ethanallen.com
- Teen Clothes: Groove in Westport; for more information, call 203-557-8111 or visit grooveforkids.com
- Women’s Accessories: Capri Clothing in Fairfield; for more information, call 203- 254-6411
- Women’s Formalwear: Helen Ainson in Darien; for more information, call 203-655-9841 or visit helenainson.com
- Consignment: Consigned Designs in Greenwich; call 203-869-2165, or visit consigneddesigns.com
- Fine Jewelry: Lux Bond & Green, with locations in Greenwich and Westport as well as in other states; for more information, call 800-524-7336 or visit lbgreen.com
- Sporting Goods: Rankin Sporting Goods in Danbury; for more information, call 203-743-7601 or visit rankinsports.com
To see the entire list, visit the website for Connecticut Magazine.