WESTPORT, Conn. – Chowdafest, the annual soup and chowder competition started in Westport, and a forum on gun violence highlight the events this weekend in Westport. To see more listings, visit our Events calendar.
Friday, Feb. 1
“All-American Song:” 8 p.m. Mezzo-soprano Stephanie Blythe sings a selection of classic American songs accompanied by Warren Jones on piano at Fairfield University’s Quick Center for the Arts. 1073 N. Benson Road.
Saturday, Feb. 2
Groundhog Day Program: 2:30 p.m. Bring the family to Earthplace for a special Groundhog Day presentation. Learn what groundhogs eat, where they live and more. Included with the price of admission: free to members; $5 to $7 for nonmembers. Earthplace, 10 Woodside Lane.
Sunday, Feb. 3
Chowdafest: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Taste and rank more than 30 soups and chowders from restaurants from across the state. Adult tickets are $10, kids from 6 to 12 are $5. Proceeds benefit the Connecticut Food Pantry. Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard, 600 Main St., Bridgeport.
Gun Violence Forum: 2 p.m. Join U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, Westport state Rep. Jonathan Steinberg, state Sen. Toni Boucher, First Selectman Gordon Joseloff and other guest speakers for a discussion on gun violence. Free. Temple Israel, 14 Coleytown Road.
- 1 HGTV’s Talented Twin Property Brothers Work Their Magic In Fairfied County
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Westport Firefighters Help With Extraction In I-95 Car Rollovers
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Westport For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Saugatuck Assistant Principal Gets Top Job At Long Lots School In Westport